Medical First Aid on Board Ship Refresher
Accredited by Maritime Port Authority
The Medical First Aid On Board Ship Refresher is for candidates whom already possess a valid Medical First Aid On Board Ship Certification (as listed in column 1 of table A-VI/4-1), which is nearing expiry and wishes to renew this certification.
- Revision of Marine Basic First AidFirst Aid Kit
- Body structure and function
- Toxicological hazards aboard ship
- Examination of patient
- Spinal Injuries
- Burns scales and effects of heat and cold
- Fractures, dislocations, and muscular injuries
- Medical care of rescued persons, including distress, hypothermia, and cold exposure
- Radio medical advise
- Cardiac arrest, drowning, and asphyxia
- Psychological and psychiatric problems
A valid STCW A-V/4-1 Medical First Aid On board Ship certificate
Duration: 15 hours inclusive of assessment (excluding break) – 2 days
a) Assumed skills and knowledge:
ESS Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 5 and above, ‘O’ Levels or equivalent.
b) Medical Fitness:
Trainees with any medical history or underlying heart and/or lung conditions or any medical problems associated to knee, spine, wrist or joints injury or any physical/mental disabilities are advised to obtain clearance from the doctor to attend the course and assessments. Pregnant ladies are highly discouraged from undertaking the CPR practice due to safety reasons
c) Other Special Needs:
Should you have any other special needs, kindly contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +65 62978123 for further assistance.
NOTE: Issue date and expiry date for the refresher certificate will be based on the date of assessment for the refresher course attended. Additional months (if any) from prior certification will not be added to the refresher certification.
|Self-Sponsored/Company-Sponsored||Funding Amount||Payable Inclusive of GST|
|SkillsFuture Funding ≥ 21||N.A.||S$535.00|
|SkillsFuture Funding ≥ 40||N.A.||S$535.00|
- SkillsFuture Funding, ≥ 21 yrs old: Applicable to Singapore Citizen/PR
- SkillsFuture Funding, ≥ 40 yrs old: Applicable to Singapore Citizen ONLY
- SkillsFuture Funding, WTS: Applicable to Singapore Citizen ONLY
- SkillsFuture Credit, ≥ 25 yrs old: Applicable to Self-Sponsored Singapore Citizen ONLY
- 2nd-time attendees for same course maybe ineligible for SkillsFuture Funding