Standard First Aid with CPR AED (Blended)
The Standard First Aid – AED Course comprises of an in-depth approach to performing critical emergency interventions while equipping participants with the practical and theoretical skills to perform effective CPR and AED on adult victims. Successful candidates who have completed both theory and practical modules of the course will be awarded Standard First Aid – AED certificate accredited by National First Aid Council and National Resuscitation Council with a 2-year validity.
Course Content :
- Principles and Practice of First Aid
Aims of first aid, Responsibilities, and duties of a first aider, Universal Precautions, Sequence for Action, Secondary Survey, First Aid Kit, Preventing Injuries
- Respiratory, Choking and Breathing Difficulties
Choking, Asthma, Allergic Reaction, Drowning, Suffocation & Strangulation
- Circulation and CPR
The Circulatory System, Heart Attack, One-Man CPR, Automated External Defibrillator
- Unconscious Victim
Fits, Fainting, Head, Injury, Neck and Spinal Injury, Eye Injuries, Mouth and Tooth Injury, Nosebleed
- Bones and Muscle Injuries
Fractures, dislocations, bandaging, sprains and strains, swelling, principles of lifting
Fractures, Dislocation, Amputation, Crush, Spinal Injuries, Sprains and Strains, Muscle Cramp, internal bleeding, shock
- Skin Injuries
Bites and Stings, Burns
- Temperature-related Emergencies
Fever, heat-related emergencies, cold-related emergencies – Theory and Practical Examination
Who Should Attend?:
Primary, secondary and tertiary school staff, Sports/Fitness Instructors, NROC registered coaches, life-guards, elder caregivers, staff working in office environments and members of the public
- Part 1 Theory Online
- Part 2 Hands-on skills practice session (in Classroom)
- Part 3 Assessment (in Classroom)
Medium : English
Course Fees : $214 (inclusive of GST)
Duration : Approx 13 hours online + 5 hours in class = 18 hours (Excluding Breaks & Assessment)
Points to take note :
- Online hours may differ from participant to participant.
- Participant must book the skills session upon successful completion of the online theory test to receive full certification.
- Participant has a total of 30 days from the date of purchase to complete Part 1 of the course online.
- Participant must attend the skills session within 60 days from the date of theory module completion to receive full certification.
- No printable or downloadable course material will be available. Course material can be purchased separately at our office for $12.84 inclusive of GST.